The Charagionis Group participates as a business in developments or provides consulting services to proprietary entities which have the necessary funds available and which wish to take advantage of the Group’s experience to optimise the development of their property holdings. As well as advising private individuals, the group has also advised several bodies and in some cases has undertaken the development of specific properties. Some examples are:
In the 1970s:
– “Lambropolous Bros” department store, now Notos Galleries, in the centre of Piraeus.
– Karolos FIX Α.Ε. Consultation services on the development of a shopping centre with Olympic Air’s City Terminal and office buildings in Syngrou Avenue.
In the 1980s:
– ASPIOTI-ELKA – Consultation services on the development of a shopping centre in Vouliagmeni Avenue, now the METRO MALL.
– AUSTRIA TABAC S.A. – Consultation on the development of a shopping centre with a supermarket and multiplex cinemas in their central property on Tsimiski Street (currently the “PLATEIA” shopping centre).
– Insurance fund for staff of the Bank of Greece and the National Bank of Greece: consultation services on upgrading the cinema and hotel at Dikaiosini, Daidalou and Byzantiou Streets in the centre of Heraklion, Crete to a department store. The building was finally developed by the Charagionis Group in 2008, after the tender process was completed, and was leased in its entirety to the INDITEX Group (Zara, etc).
– Municipality of Rhodes – Commercial Bank – Mechaniki – Playboy International: consultation on converting the listed building/landmark “Grande Albergo delle Rose” into a major casino and luxury hotel.
– Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople: consultancy services on the development of a shopping centre on a 250 acre property in Pilea, Thessaloniki, where Mediterranean Cosmos is situated today. The shopping centre was developed by Lamda Development in the first years of the new millennium after the tender process was completed. Lamda Development conceded 39.9% to Sierra-Charagionis as the development company, so that our expertise could be used in creating the first major shopping centre in Greece.
– Matalas Foundation: consultancy services on the development of a shopping centre in a property on Patision, Kordigktonos and Hamilton Streets in Athens.
The years 2000-2010:
– Parnassos Literary Society: consultancy services on demolishing the old concrete skeleton of a property at Herodotus, Kapsalis and Neophytos Doukas Streets and creating an office building, commercial premises and parking. The property was developed by the Charagionis Group after the tender process was completed.
– The Athens Stock Exchange Members’ Guarantee Fund: consultancy services on the development of a property on Kifissias Avenue and Fthiotidos Street in Ampelokipi.
– Olympic Properties SA: consultancy services on developing the IBC and the Olympic facilities in Galatsi and the possibility of converting them to shopping centres.
From 2011 to today:
– XAVIE & VICTOR: consultation services on the development of the Spirakis Mansion, a Piraeus landmark, and converting it into a shopping centre. This building now houses the largest H&Μ store in Greece. The development and operation of the building has been undertaken by the Charagionis Group.